I-95 to Seabrook Island
Seabrook is approximately 73 miles from where I-95 and I-26 merge. Drive time is about 1 hour 45 minutes. Please note that I-26 is known to be a dangerous highway and is heavily patrolled. Please be safe and drive within the speed limit.
From I-95 take I-26 East exit towards Charleston, SC for approximately 44 miles.
Take the I-526 West exit toward Savannah, GA for approximately 7 miles until it ends at a traffic light.
Turn right at the first light and follow SC-17 South towards Savannah, GA for 4.5 miles.
- Continue on SC-17 South through several stoplights.
- Turn left on Main Road. (Burger King on the left)
Turn left on Main Road for approximately 16.9 miles.
- Continue on Main Road crossing Chisholm Road and SC-700.
- Main Road changes names to Bohicket Road when you cross Maybank Highway (Route 700). (McDonalds and Bi/Lo will be on your left)
Stay straight on Bohicket Road. When the road divides into multiple traffic lanes, the name changes to Betsy Kerrison Parkway.
- As you near circle, move to right lane for Seabrook Island. The road will split off toward Seabrook. If you enter the traffic circle and go ½ the way around, you will enter Freshfields Village. In this shopping center you will find the nearest grocery store (The Village Market, a Harris Teeter store), restaurants, medical, dental, and vision practices, pharmacy, gas station, banks, and various shops!
Bear right off circle onto Seabrook Island Road for 1.1 miles.
- Bohicket Marina will be on your right about .4 mile after the circle. In the marina, you will find restaurants, gift shops, two salons, and boat, kayak, and paddleboard charters, tours and rentals.
The Amenity Office is on your right just before entering the Seabrook Gate at the Seabrook Island Real Estate office. If you are arriving during office hours, you might stop there first to pick up your Amenity Cards.
At the Gatehouse, inform security where you are staying and provide your name. Security will have a gate pass ready for your arrival. If you have any problems at the Gatehouse, please call us at 843-789-4438 or 704-905-1064 after hours.
Seabrook Island to Charleston
Seabrook is located approximately 30 miles from Historic Downtown Charleston. Driving time is about 45 minutes.
Directions to Historic Charleston from Seabrook:
- At traffic circle, take 3RD EXIT onto BETSY KERRISON PARKWAY.
- Follow Betsy Kerrison (becomes Bohicket Road after 1st traffic light) for 10.4 miles.
- Turn RIGHT onto MAYBANK HIGHWAY (Route 700) at the McDonalds and Bi/Lo.
- Follow Maybank Highway for 7.2 miles.
- Turn LEFT onto Folly Road (JPaulz restaurant and shopping center is on your right). Two lanes turn left here. It is best to stay in middle lane – it allows you to turn into the right lane onto FOLLY ROAD.
- Stay in right lane and continue on Folly Road bearing RIGHT at the second traffic light. (Windemere Shopping Center is on the left)
- Merge onto ROUTE 17 staying in the RIGHT LANE.
- Take the FIRST EXIT after crossing the bridge onto LOCKWOOD BOULEVARD.
- To get to the Historic District, bear right at the bottom of the ramp.
- Follow Lockwood Boulevard. It will become Broad Street.
- Follow to the end and turn LEFT onto EAST BAY STREET.
- There are numerous parking garages in that area.