This beautiful cottage and Seabrook Island are the perfect place to create lasting family memories!!
Happy Turtle Cottage, shaded by beautiful moss-draped live oak trees, is located in the Summer Wind neighborhood of Seabrook Island. Summer Wind Cottages are located just one mile from the island's main Beach Club area, which features outdoor pools, outdoor and indoor restaurants, two golf courses, and multiple beach boardwalks. Pelican Beach, a short ½ mile walk, is a great place to watch the sun set, spot dolphins or search for shells. North Beach and its wide-open sand beach is just a short bike ride away! Happy Turtle Cottage provides a truly peaceful retreat while being close to so many of Seabrook Island's great amenities.
The cottage was completely renovated in May 2022. The beautifully updated and fully stocked kitchen features new stainless-steel appliances, custom cabinetry, a full-size pantry, quartzite countertops and a beautiful tile backsplash. The table in the open vaulted-ceiling dining area comfortably seats 7. The laundry room is centrally located for the convenience of all guests.
The living area with vaulted ceilings, all new furnishings, and 75-inch 4KTV (streaming Hulu Live, Disney+, and ESPN+), is the perfect spot to gather. Relax with the family, enjoy an evening movie or catch up with your favorite sports team. As an added bonus, there is a large screened-in porch off of the living area, complete with lounge seating, an additional dining area, and new wall-mounted HDTV. This is the perfect place to enjoy the cool island breezes! The rear deck has Polywood seating, a Weber grill and views of the iconic moss-draped live oak trees.
There are three bedrooms in this cottage. The first is the owner’s bedroom with a king bed, walk-in closet, wall-mounted HDTV, en-suite bath and access to the screened-in porch. The renovated owner’s bath has a custom tiled walk-in shower and double vanity. The two guest bedrooms are on the opposite side of the cottage, providing privacy for guests. The guest bedrooms share the renovated hall bath, which has a tub/shower combo with deep soaker tub and custom tile surround. The rear guest bedroom has a queen bed, wall mounted HDTV, and access to the rear deck. The front guest bedroom has a twin-over-full bunk bed and HDTV.
Under the cottage you will find a screened-in rec room complete with ping pong table, seating and a wall mounted HDTV. A fabulous outdoor space to have fun with the whole family! There is also a covered carport with room for 2 vehicles, and driveway space for one additional vehicle*.
Up to (2) dogs are welcome to join you on your trip, as long as they are under 25 pounds each and hypo-allergenic breeds! Additional pet fees do apply.
Amenity cards giving you access to the facilities of the Seabrook Island Club are included in the rent. These cards give you rental guest access to the Beach Club oceanfront pools (seasonal), Pelican's Nest outdoor restaurant/bar (seasonal), Osprey Café (seasonal), Cap'n Sams' poolside grill (seasonal), Island House restaurant/bar, golf and tennis. Additional fees are charged for some club facilities/activities and dining facilities may have specified seasonal hours for rental guests. The Club Amenity Card also allows access to the Lake House facilities (outdoor pool/no fees; indoor pool and fitness center/fees apply).
Additional Cottage Features and Amenities as of May 2022
- Custom annual Happy Turtle Cottage welcome gift
- Blu-Ray player with a selection of movies
- Board games, books, puzzles, cards, and a Wii U with games
- Boogie boards, 2 beach chairs, and beach toys available for use
- Covered under-cottage storage area
- Digital Nest thermostat
- Kitchen features in-the-door ice and water in the refrigerator, 12 cup coffee maker, Keurig coffee maker and garbage disposal
- Laundry room includes front loading washer and dryer, drying rack, iron and ironing board
- New vanities, fixtures, comfort height toilets, mirrors, lighting, and vent fans in both bathrooms
- New flooring and area rugs throughout
- New window treatments, doors, trim and paint throughout
- New ceiling fans and lighting in all bedrooms, the vaulted great room, screened-in porch and in the lower-level rec room
- New lighting in the kitchen, dining area, and carport
- Motion activated security light at the lower-level stairs and rear deck stairs
- Keyless entry front door
For more information and on the cottage, please visit Happy Turtle Cottage on Facebook or Instagram.
* NEW as of January 1, 2023, Seabrook Island Property Association (SIPOA) has started charging for all gate passes.
- Gate passes are $40/ vehicle. This charge applies if you are staying 1 night – 179 nights. If you are staying more than 179 nights, there is a different charge.
- Gate pass car total is due 2 weeks prior to your arrival. Payment of $40/gate pass(es) is due at time of your final payment.
- Any changes made less than 2 weeks prior to your arrival are non-refundable. If you add a gate pass less than 2 weeks prior to your arrival, a $10 additional fee will apply.
THIS PROPERTY ALLOWS FOR A MAXIMUM OF 3 GATE PASSES TOTAL
Once the car has a gate pass, any licensed driver can drive
SI License 2023-0390