Terms and Conditions
Vacation Rental AgreementThis Vacation Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Coastal Getaways of South Carolina, LLC as representative for the owner of [Property Name] (collectively, “Owner”) and [Guest Name] (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. The parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property[Property Name] is located at: [Property Address]. The property is furnished and includes bed and bath linens. Beach towels are not provided.
2. Maximum OccupancyThe maximum number of guests is limited to [# of guests allowed]. Owner reserves the right to terminate this agreement and ask the Guest to vacate premises with no refund should there be more people occupying this property without prior consent from Owner.
3. Term of the LeaseThe lease begins at 4:00 p.m. on [Arrival Date] (the “Arrival Date”) and ends at 10:00 a.m. on [Departure Date] (the “Departure Date”).
4. Minimum StayThis property requires a 3 night minimum stay unless otherwise agreed upon. Reservations for less than 4 nights are subject to a cleaning fee as stated in the Rental Rate and Fees listed below.
5. Rental RulesGuest agrees to abide by the terms of this Agreement and the Rental Terms attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
6. AccessGuests agree agent may enter premises to make repairs or maintenance necessary upon notification of Guest. All reasonable efforts will be made to handle maintenance emergencies; however, no guarantee can be made that such problems can be resolved immediately. 7. Administrative Fee The non-refundable Administration Fee includes coverage for up to $1500 worth of accidental damage protection. Coverage is only available for unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. Any damages that exceed the coverage noted above or additional cleaning charges over and above those expected, will be charged to the payment method on file. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Coastal Getaways immediately.
8. Rental Rate and FeesThe total rental rate including fees is:
- Rental Rate
- Taxes (11.5% - Seabrook Island / 12.5% - Kiawah Island)
- Cleaning Fee - For rentals less than 4 nights the Cleaning Fee is additional
- Pet Fee - Applied / dog / week (if applicable)
- Administration Fee - TBD (includes Damage Protection) (Required)
- Trip Insurance (if guest elects to purchase)
9. Cancelation PolicyFor cancelation made up to 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, the deposit will be refunded less a $250.00 cancelation fee.
For cancelations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, all monies are forfeited. If we are able to rent the contracted dates after a cancelation, Guest will be refunded an amount equal to new rental rate minus the $250 Cancelation Fee. The amount refunded is not to exceed the amount paid by the Guest under the terms of the Rental Agreement.For monthly winter rentals the cancelation policy is as follows:
For cancelation made up to 60 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, the deposit will be refunded less a $250.00 cancelation fee.
For cancelations made less than 60 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, all monies are forfeited. If we are able to rent the contracted dates after a cancelation, Guest will be refunded an amount equal to new rental rate minus the $250 Cancelation Fee. The amount refunded is not to exceed the amount paid by the Guest under the terms of the Rental Agreement.Rentals are not insured and may be non-refundable subject to the Cancelation Policy outlined in the Vacation Rental Agreement. Trip Cancelation and Travel Insurance is available through RentalGuardian. The cost is 7% of the total cost of the reservation. If you are interested in purchasing this protection, it must be done at the time the contract is signed. Either contact us directly, or click this link to arrange for coverage directly from RentalGuardian.
10. PaymentUnless otherwise set forth below, for reservation made more than one month (30 days) in advance, a 1/3 deposit is due with the executed Agreement. Payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival. For reservations made within 30 days, payment is full is required with the signed Agreement.
- ⅓ payment due with signed contract
- ⅔ payment due 30 days prior to Arrival Date
- Guest acknowledges he/she is a licensee of the Owner and not a tenant, and is not acquiring any interest in the property.
- Guest agrees to compensate Owner for any excessive cleaning, repair of damage beyond normal wear and tear, or cost of missing items upon departure.
- Smoking is NOT allowed. Owner reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and ask the Guest to vacate premises with no refund or retain the Security Deposit should occur inside the house.
- Guest is not to exceed the maximum occupancy of the Property. Any persons in the Property are the sole responsibility of Guest.
- All of the units are privately owned; the Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Home and furnishings are privately owned. Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
- Guest agrees to only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Internet - Some of the properties offer high speed and/or wireless internet (Wi-Fi) connectivity. Please note that the Owner provides these services as a no-charge amenity. While we will make every effort to ensure that these services are operational during your stay, problems can arise that are beyond our control causing an interruption of service. For this reason, no refunds or room changes can be given in the event these particular services becomes unavailable during your stay.
- Dogs are allowed only in specifically identified pet friendly properties and with applicable non- refundable pet fees. A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises at any non pet friendly property will cause immediate tenant eviction and forfeiture of entire rent payments, prepayments, taxes and fees. If a property is “Pet Friendly,” a Pet Agreement must be signed and the Pet Fee as defined in the Agreement must be paid.
- Parking is limited to the number of vehicles specified in the contract. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this limit. Vehicles are to be parked in driveways or designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to fines and/or towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. Boats, trailers, motorcycles, and motor homes cannot be parked at any villa, townhome, cottage, or home. If you wish to bring any of these types vehicles, please contact the Seabrook Island Security Gate (843-768-6641) to arrange access to the secure parking area near the Island Recycling Center.
- Daily housekeeping is not provided unless requested in advance. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the properties.
- There is no refund for inclement weather. In the event of a mandatory evacuation due to a named storm, a pro-rated portion of the rentals will be refunded. If a storm does approach and an evacuation order has NOT been given but guests elect to stay, Owner reserves the right to make storm preparations (i.e. board windows/doors, etc.) as necessary.
- There is a $55.00 fee for a returned check.
- All keys must be left at the property upon departure. Key lock box cover and key need to be replaced immediately after initial opening of the front door. Guest will receive the code to the key lock box in the information packet upon receipt of Guest’s payment.
- Every attempt has been made for accuracy. Owner is not responsible for errors on the website. Rate and policies are subject to change without prior notice.
- Coastal Getaways charges an Administration Fee on all reservations. This fee is non-refundable. To protect our guests and owners, Coastal Getaways provides coverage for up to $1,500 for any accidental damage, subject to exclusions and limitations, that occur to the premise during your rental period. Any damage or accident that is not covered will be the responsibility of the guest and charges will be billed to your credit card. Liability for damage or theft may be the responsibility of the Guest. The following events are not covered:
- Acts of God
- Intentional acts of a Guest
- Gross negligence or willful and wanton conduct
- Any cause, if the Guest does not report the damage to Coastal Getaways by Check-Out day and time.
- Normal wear and tear
- Theft without a valid police report
- Loss of use of the covered property
- Coverage does not apply for theft or damage of any property owned by or brought onto the premises by a Guest
- Property Damage resulting from any motorized vehicle or watercraft operated by a Guest