CGofSC Rental Policies
Check-in is allowed after 4:00 pm on the day of arrival.
Check-out is by 10:00 am on the day of departure.
We do not require that you physically check-in or check-out. All our homes have lockboxes that contain the house key or keyless entry pads on the doors. We will provide the code upon payment in full. We ask that you respect our housekeeping and inspection staff by not arriving before check-in time or leaving after the check-out time without prior consent from Coastal Getaways of South Carolina.
If interested in reserving a property, contact us via phone 843-789-4438 or email us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to book your Seabrook Island vacation.
When a property is booked, Coastal Getaways will email a Vacation Rental Agreement highlighting the details of your rental and the terms and conditions. This agreement must be accepted by each guest. To confirm acceptance of the contract:
- Review contract and complete any missing information (home address, cell phone number, number of guests/pets)
- E-Sign and email the Vacation Rental Agreement back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign and mail the Vacation Rental Agreement to 130 Gardeners Circle, PMB 307, Johns Island, SC 29455
- Sign and fax the Vacation Rental Agreement to 843-789-4521
- Sign and scan the Vacation Rental Agreement and attach it and email it back to us at email@example.com
- EASIEST – Click reply on the Contract email and type at the top that you “Agree to the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Agreement” along with your name, and email it back to us (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will print the contract here and the email will serve as your approval.
Your reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of the signed contract or email approval of the contract and the required payment.
PLEASE NOTE: We are very strict about the occupancy levels in our properties. No more than the stated about of people may be in a home. Per the contract, no parties, socials, receptions, gatherings, etc may take place. These are private homes, not party venues. Please respect your neighbors – many of then are permanent residents, not on vacation.
For reservation made more than one month in advance, a 1/3 deposit is due with the signed contract. Payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival. Payment may be made by check, credit card, or through PayPal.
For reservations made within 30 days, payment in full is required with the signed contract. Payment may be made by credit card or through PayPal. We accept:
- Check (if arrival date is greater than 10 days) – Made payable to: Coastal Getaways of SC and mail to: 130 Gardeners Circle, PMB 307, Johns Island, SC 29455.
- Credit Card – Coastal Getaways accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Call us with your credit card number, expiry, and billing address.
- PayPal – Email or call and we will send you an invoice from PayPal for payment OR
- Go to paypal.com
- Click Send
- Enter email@example.com and payment amount.
- Click Goods or Services.
- Follow PayPal’s instructions.
- Reference the property address in the transaction.
- When we receive notice from PayPal, we will email you a Payment Confirmation. If you do not hear from us within a day, let us know and we will follow up with PayPal regarding the status of your payment.
If you provided your credit card number when you made the reservation, we will run the charges when we receive acceptance of the contract. If you are paying through PayPal or check, we will email a receipt when we receive your payment. Upon receipt of the final payment, an information packet with directions, key codes, phone numbers and other pertinent information will be emailed to you.
Coastal Getaways charges an Administration Fee on all reservations. This fee is non-refundable. Included in this fee is coverage provided by Coastal Getaways of SC for up to $1,500 for any accidental damage, subject to exclusions and limitations, that occur to the premise during your rental period. Any damage or accident that is not covered will be the responsibility of the guest and charges will be billed to your credit card.
The following events are not covered and liability for damage or theft will be the responsibility of the guest:
- Intentional acts of a Guest
- Gross negligence or willful and wanton conduct
- Any cause, if the Guest does not report the damage to Coastal Getaways by Check-Out day and time.
- Theft without a valid police report
- Loss of use of the covered property
- Coverage does not apply for theft or damage of any property owned by or brought onto the premises by a Guest
- Property Damage resulting from any motorized vehicle or watercraft operated by a Guest
Any damages or issues should be reported to our office upon check in. If accidental damages occur, it must be reported as soon as reasonably possible during your stay. All rental homes are checked upon departure by our cleaning staff and inspectors. If there are damages that were not reported by you by your Check-Out day and time, your credit card may be billed for all repairs and replacements.
Pet Friendly Rental Policy and Fees
Dogs are allowed only in specifically identified pet friendly properties and with applicable non-refundable pet fees. A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises at any non pet friendly property will cause immediate tenant eviction and forfeiture of entire rent payments, pre-payments, taxes, and fees.
If you are traveling with a dog to one of our “Pet Friendly” properties, a Pet Agreement must be signed and the non-refundable Pet Fee as defined in the Agreement must be paid. Pet fees typically range from $25 – $40 per night, depending on duration of rental. We have a very limited number of homes that will allow a cat. Please inquire about availability.
For rentals less than 5 nights, a cleaning fee will be added to the rental rate. For rentals greater than 5 nights, the cleaning fee is included in the rates quoted.
Amenity Card Fees
Amenity Cards are necessary to access the Seabrook Island Club and The Lake House facilities.
- All Seabrook Island property owners and their rental guests have access to The Lake House facilities.
- If a property owner is a member of the Seabrook Island Club, their rentals guests have access to the Club amenities.
- For most of the homes rented through Coastal Getaways, the Club Amenity Card fees are included in the quoted rental rate.
- Some properties do not include this fee in their rental rates and it is the responsibility of the rental guest to pay the Amenity Card fee. The Amenity Card fee is $25/day or $150/week for the property. This will be clearly noted in the quote provided to you.
- If a property owner is not a member of the Seabrook Island Club, their rentals guests DO NOT have access to Seabrook Island Club facilities. This too will be indicated in the quote provided.
For cancellation made up to 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, the deposit will be refunded less a $250.00 cancellation fee.
For cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, all monies are forfeited. If we are able to rent the contracted dates after a cancellation, Guest will be refunded an amount equal to new rental rate minus the $250 Cancellation Fee. The amount refunded is not to exceed the amount paid by the Guest’s under the terms of the Rental Agreement.
For monthly rentals the policy is as follows:
For cancellation made up to 60 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, the deposit will be refunded less a $250.00 cancellation fee.
For cancellations made less than 60 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, all monies are forfeited. If we are able to rent the contracted dates after a cancellation, Guest will be refunded an amount equal to new rental rate minus the $250 Cancellation Fee. The amount refunded is not to exceed the amount paid by the Guest’s under the terms of the Rental Agreement.
There is no refund for inclement weather. In the event of a mandatory evacuation due to a named storm, all guests will be required to evacuate and a pro-rated portion of the rentals will be refunded. If a storm does approach and an evacuation order has NOT been given but guests elect to stay, owner reserves the right to make storm preparations (i.e. board windows/doors, etc.) as necessary.
Each home has a maximum occupancy which is highlighted in the contract. Coastal Getaways reserves the right to ask the guest to vacate the premise with no refund if this limit is exceeded.
Smoking is not permitted under any circumstance in any rental property. Guests in violation may be asked to vacate the premise with no refund.
Each property has a management company that oversees the maintenance of their unit. Contact information for the maintenance company will be provided in your contract and pre-arrival information pack. If you have any maintenance concerns, please feel free to call the management company or Coastal Getaways and we will do our best to ensure that they are addressed as promptly as possible.
Beach towels are not provided. Please do not use bath towels or blankets from the property for this purpose. During the summer, towel service is available at the Beach Club pools (Club Amenity Card required).
Bed Linens & Bath Towels
All properties have bed linens. Bath towels are provided (one set for each guest the home sleeps).
Bikes, Beach Chairs, Kayaks, etc.
If your property offers use of bikes, beach chairs, carts, boogie boards, kayaks and other equipment, we ask that you please clean off sand, store equipment properly, and treat these items as if they were your own. We appreciate our property owners sharing their personal equipment with you, their rental guest. We can not guarantee that these extras are in working order and no refunds will be provided if they are not.
The use of fireworks, firearms, pellet guns, bow and arrows, and slingshots is strictly prohibited.
Seabrook Island is a gated community. A pass is required for each car entering the Island. Coastal Getaways will arrange for gate passes for your visit. One pass will be called in under the name on the contract. If bringing more than one car, each will also require a pass. Please contact us with the name of the driver of each car and the date of arrival and departure. Once a car receives its pass on its initial entry, any licensed driver can drive. If you have any problems entering the Island, please call us at our offices 843-789-4438 during business hours and at 704-905-1064 after hours.
Home Details on the Website
Our homes are individually owned and reflect the taste of each owner. Each rental property and the included furnishings are privately owned. We do our best to accurate represent each property in the descriptions and photos on our website and any others that the home is listed on. Please contact us to discuss any questions you have about the home you will be renting. We are unable to make other arrangements or give any refunds if upon arrival you decide not to stay at your confirmed rental home.
Every effort is made to ensure that all the information presented about a property is correct. Coastal Getaways cannot be held responsible for typographical errors, omissions, price changes, and but not limited to, changes made by owners in furnishings, equipment, bed arrangement, etc.
Our properties all offer internet access. Internet connections are not guaranteed. No refunds will be given for internet access problems. Additional charges may apply for internet technical support due to issues not related to the property’s internet access, including but not limited to guest computer errors in configuration.
Radio/TV/music volume should be low and not disturb neighbors. Loud noise that disturbs quiet enjoyment may be reported to Seabrook Island Security at 843-768-6641.
Propane and Charcoal Grills
Please note that not all property allow or offer gas/propane or charcoal grills. If your home does, please take care to use safely and follow any instructions that might be posted in your rental property. We are not responsible for the type or condition of a grill at a particular property. We are unable to tell if a propane tank is full or not. If the tank is empty, tanks can be exchanged for refills at The Village Market at Freshfields Village or Ace Hardware on Betsy Kerrison Parkway. Please save your receipt and contact us, and Coastal Getaways will reimburse you for the purchase. Please ensure that coals are extinguished and the grill is left clean for the next guest.
For your convenience, when you arrive some basic necessities are provided in each home. These items include: a few trash bags, soap, dishwashing liquid, a couple of dishwasher tablets, a couple of packets of laundry detergent, a sponge, a roll of paper towels and a roll of toilet paper on the holder plus an extra roll. You may need to purchase additional supplies if you are staying for more than a few days.
All properties have a washer and dryer in the unit.